Thursday, February 17, 2005

How much can they steal from us

So I had to fill up with gas today. It cost me 29 freakin dollars! Now, I don't drive a gas guzzler or anything, my car gets modest gas mileage, but gas prices are now sitting at 2 freakin 16 per gallon ($2.16/gal).

And they're set to go even higher...just on the rumors that opec might cut oil exports. Umm...hello there...they haven't even cut the output yet and already gas prices are being pushed even higher. Somebody is pocketing that money at my expense. Thief!

Besides, if oil prices are already at all time highs, why in the world is anyone even considering cutting production? That would only push prices still higher. The only reason is greed - those greedy bastards who control oil production and are only interested in the money.

Domestic oil companies could do something about it by exploring more in our domestic oil fields, but they also want to increase their profits. If oil prices were high, and gas retailers were merely passing the cost on to us, they should not be making any more profit. But instead, they are using high oil prices to pad their profits even more. Chevron and other companies are in the process of releasing earnings reports, and their earnings are at all time highs. Thieves!

Someone better organize a consumer revolt. I already carpool in to work, so I only have to drive every other day. I also have the alternative of riding a train to work. The train seems more appealing every day - I mean, I want to contribute as little as possible to lining the pockets of greedy oil companies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The train is awesome!! Not only does it save you gas and car maintenance, but it's relaxing....