Sunday, February 20, 2005

How much do they really care

So I received this email today...

MICROSOFT ANNOUNCES POWER CORD REPLACEMENT FOR XBOX

Dear Xbox
Customer:

I am writing to provide you with information about a free
power cord replacement program for Xbox.
...
We are providing replacement power cords because component failure in a
small number of consoles - fewer than 1 in 10,000 - has caused burning inside
the console or melting of the power cord where it connects to the console.
...
Your new cord should arrive in two to four weeks. Until you receive and
install your replacement power cord, turn off your Xbox when it's not in use.



So while I wait for my replacement power cord to come, I could own a defective cord that would melt my system housing. They don't say anything about taking any precautions except not leaving your system on 24/7..but wait, I guess I have to have time to play first so this really doesn't affect me too much. I'll try to limit the amount of time I play in my "spare" time until a new cord comes.

1 comment:

Jen said...

how does one get in on this deal? Todd has an Xbox and I want to make sure he gets a cord...