Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I hate the msn homepage

I've used the MSN.com webpage as my browser homepage for years. I always enjoy the articles they post usually creating some sort of diversion as I'm online. However, I absolutely hate the new re-designed page. The msn search dialog now steals my curser as soon as the page is fully loaded. It doesn't matter if I've already typed in half of an address in my address bar or in the google toolbar. When the msn page fully loads my curser automatically gets put in the msn search dialog. This nearly always causes me to have to re-type whatever I had been previously typing in another place. Also it seems like most of the links now go to video news stories. I don't want to click on links when I first open a web browser to watch some news video where I have to first watch a 30 sec ad. I click on links because a headline looked interesting, and I want to quickly see what the story is all about. You can't do that with video. I've gotten to the point now where as soon as I click on a link and see it's a video, I hit the back button and don't waste my time.

So I'm going to switch browser homepages now. Any suggestions on what I should use as my new homepage? I already have the google toolbar so I don't need google as my homepage. about:blank also doesn't do anything for me. It's got to be something interesting. That's why I previously liked msn. The page loaded fast, there were always interesting headlines, and they were constantly changing. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Jen said...

how bout www.drudgereport.com =)

Love that site...clues you in on all the INTERESTING news.